First female leader of Pamunkey Tribe selected for memorial
Cockacoeske, a 17th century leader of the Pamunkey Tribe, has been selected for the Women of Virginia memorial.
Cockacoeske was the first female leader of the Pamunkeys. During her thirty-year tenure, she worked to unite area tribes and signed the 1677 Treaty of Middle Plantation.
Woo woo woo! Go VA tribes!
This post has 8 notes
Posted on Dec 10th, 2013
Reblogged from nativeamericannews
Posted by nativeamericannews
- mikaykauai likes this
- ruskypolarbear reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- azulsunshine likes this
- thisawesomesauce likes this
- jamiemomiarty likes this
- thetragicfigurine likes this
- amethyst-irises reblogged this from nativeamericannews and added:
- gabejustgabe likes this
- nativeamericannews posted this