Tribes seek more information about city’s request for sales tax
Four tribes are asking the city of Shawnee, Oklahoma, for more information about its request for sales taxes.
The city says the tribes should collect a 3 percent tax on the sale of goods to non-Indians. But the Absentee Shawnee Tribe, the Citizen Potawatomi Nation, the Kickapoo Tribe and the Sac and Fox Nation say there are legal and factual issues that need to be addressed first.
The chief in the picture, Wayne Adkins, is actually the First Assistant Chief of my tribe, Chickahominy, of Charles City, VA… Why is he pictured when discussing tribes/nations in OK?
This post has 8 notes
Posted on Feb 20th, 2014
Reblogged from nativeamericannews
Posted by nativeamericannews
- chevykb reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- cruel-noise-pgh likes this
- amethyst-irises reblogged this from nativeamericannews and added:
- longlivethedeadking likes this
- abigail-lemontarty likes this
- pewpewlazernipples likes this
- nativeamericannews posted this